Warning: Last items in stock!
By buying this product you can collect up to 27 loyalty points. Your cart will total 27 points that can be converted into a voucher of $5.40.
'CAST' is the world’s most-advanced 'distributed intelligence’ fire alarm system protocol. Conceived, designed and realised by C-TEC as part of a five-year, multi-million pound project, it involved the creation of a powerful proprietary communication protocol (C-TEC Addressable System Technology, CAST) and multiple control panels & field devices. Now available to purchase, its key features include:
• 255 devices per loop.
• Autonomous decision-making for faster response times.
• Multiple type codes.
• 40V loop drive voltage.
• Two ‘soft’ addressing options – automatic via the panel or manual via a powerful handheld programmer.
• Powerful multi-level addressing facilitates easy device addition and swapped device identification.
• Multiple functionality at a single address (integrated devices) - due 2019.
• Volumes, tones & detector modes can be changed at compatible panels.
• High-speed data transmission and robust data transfer.
• Intrinsically EN54-13 compliant.
• Provides geographical location of short and open circuit faults (a short circuit isolator is included as standard in every CAST field device).
• Replace device function.
• Future seamless integration with other CAST life safety systems reducing energy, servicing, installation and repair costs.
• Designed and manufactured in the UK.
|Approvals/certifications||Certified to EN54-3, 23 & 17 by the LPCB.|
|Protocol/compatibility||Compatible with C-TEC's CAST protocol Addressable Fire Panels.|
|Application/operation||Designed to be wall mounted. IP33C rated and suitable for use outdoors (note an IP65 rated version is also available).|
|VAD category & coverage||W-2.75-9 rated light distribution. Also certified as a W-4-4 rated VAD.|
|Flash rate & colour||0.5Hz / White.|
|Supply/operating voltage||27 to 40V DC.|
|Nominal SPL (Sound Pressure Level)||100dB(A) when set to tone 1.|
|Alarm current||14.5mA (VAD lit, Sounder on max).|
|Indicators||Polling (green LED) & Short Circuit Isolator Active (amber LED).|
|Product dimensions (mm)||114mm diameter x 131mm deep.|
|IP Rating||IP33C (Type B).|
|Operating conditions/temperature||-10ºC to +55ºC. Max. 95% RH (Non-condensing).|
VAD coverage depends on factors such as ambient light and viewing angle (direct or indirect). The table below summarises how the coverage of the CA433A/DR increases or decreases based on these factors. To use the table, calculate the lux level of the area requiring coverage, determine whether the viewing angle will be direct or indirect then read off the coverage in the relevant column. For further information refer to our VAD System Design Guide, downloadable from the Documentation tab below.
|W-2.75-9 Wall Mounted||W-2.75-9 Wall Mounted||W-4-4 Wall Mounted||W-4-4 Wall Mounted|
|Lux level in area requiring coverage||Direct Viewing||Indirect Viewing||Direct Viewing||Indirect Viewing|
|000-101 lux||14.30m H x 46.80m W||4.95m H x 16.2m W||20.8m H x 20.8m W||7.2m H x 7.2m W|
|101-200 lux||12.10m H x 39.60m W||4.67m H x 15.3m W||17.6m H x 17.6m W||6.8m H x 6.8m W|
|201-300 lux||8.80m H x 28.80m W||3.85m H x 12.6m W||12.8m H x 12.8m W||5.6m H x 5.6m W|
|301-400 lux||6.32m H x 20.70m W||3.30m H x 10.8m W||9.2m H x 9.2m W||4.8m H x 4.8m W|
|401-500 lux||4.95m H x 14.40m W||2.75m H x 9m W||7.2m H x 7.2m W||4.0m H x 4.0m W|
|501-600 lux||3.57m H x 11.7m W||2.47m H x 8.1m W||5.2m H x 5.2m W||3.6m H x 3.6m W|
|601-700 lux||2.75m H x 9.0m W||1.92m H x 6.3m W||4.0m H x 4.0m W||2.8m H x 2.8m W|
|701-800 lux||1.90m H x 6.3W||1.65m H x 5.4m W||2.8m H x 2.8m W||not applicable|